Version II Privacy Statement 05/03/2021
We understand that your trust in us, is NV ARAANI’s most important asset (hereinafter referred to as "ARAANI", "we" or "us"). As such, your privacy is essential for us.
This privacy statement (hereinafter referred to as "Privacy Statement") is applicable, inter alia, to (i) our website https://www.araani.com/ (hereinafter referred to as the "Website") and (ii) all (commercial) relations between ARAANI and its customers, prospects and suppliers, integrators business partners.
This Privacy Statement includes information about the personal data collected by ARAANI, as well as the manner in which ARAANI uses and processes this personal data.
ARAANI wishes to emphasize that it always attempts to act in accordance with (i) the Belgian Privacy Law of 30 July 2018 concerning the protection of individuals with regards to the processing of personal data, (ii) the EU Regulation of 2016 concerning the protection of individuals with regards to the processing of personal data, regarding the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC and/or (iii) all (future) Belgian laws regarding the implementation of this Regulation.
Visiting the Website, appealing on the services of ARAANI, any communication with ARAANI, subscription to an event and webinar, downloading of documents implies your explicit approval (through disclosure of your personal information or opt-in) of the Privacy Statement and consequently how we collect, use and process your personal data.
Please read this Privacy Statement .
Types of personal data
ARAANI can collect and process the following personal data:
- E-mail address
- Telephone number (landline and/or mobile phone)
- Custom number
- Residence address
- Company name
- Company address
- Invoicing address
- All personal data provided in the ‘free field’ when completing a contact form
- All personal data freely provided to ARAANI (e.g. in light of correspondence with ARAANI).
ARAANI also automatically collects anonymous information regarding your use of the Website. As such, ARAANI shall, for example, automatically log which sections of the Website and Platform you visit, which web browser you use, which website you visited when you obtained access to the Website. We cannot identify you through these data, but it allows ARAANI to draw up statistics regarding the use of the Website.
Methods of personal data collection
The listed methods of personal data collection as well as the overview below, are merely illustrative and nonlimitative.
These personal data are collected in the context of:
- Visiting the Website
- Collaboration with ARAANI
- Incoming and outgoing correspondence with ARAANI
- Requesting an offer
- Requesting information via email, telephone and/or the contact form on the Website
- Subscription to a webinar and events
- Downloading the documents via the Website
- Exchanging business cards
- Verification of your identity (e.g. when a data subject contacts field & operations)
- Visiting our booth at an exhibition and completing the sales lead
All personal data, collected by ARAANI, are thus expressly and voluntarily provided by you.
Providing certain personal data is (sometimes) a requirement to be able to enjoy certain services (e.g. to download the documents, to participate in certain activities and events). In this respect, it shall be indicated which data must be provided mandatory and which data is optional.
Use of personal data
The listed purposes as well as the overview below, are merely illustrative and non-limitative.
ARAANI can use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Performance of the agreement with ARAANI (incl. follow-up thereof)
- Drafting a quote and sending it
- Follow-up after a meeting
- Issuing invoices and the collection thereof
- Providing support/assistance (e.g. in case of problems)
- Responding to questions (whether or not received through the contact form on the Website, via email and/or telephone)
- Confirmation of the subscription of a webinar, event
- Sending the requested documents
- Optimising the quality, management and content of the Website ✓ Creating statistics
Processing takes place on the following legal grounds, as the case may be:
- You have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes
- Processing is necessary for the performance of the agreement with ARAANI or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into an agreement
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which ARAANI is subject
- Processing is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or of another natural person
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by ARAANI or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject, which require protection of personal data (in particular when you are a child).
Disclosure of personal data to third parties
ARAANI shall not disclose your personal data to third parties, unless it is necessary in the context of performing the agreement and optimisation thereof (including but not limited to maintenance (works), database management, transport of deliveries, accounting services, for the delivery of services to ARAANI (i.e. in light of subcontracting). In this respect, your personal data may be disclosed to software providers, cloud partner, transport partners, accountancy office, service providers.
If it is necessary that ARAANI discloses your personal data to third parties, the third party concerned is required to use your personal data in accordance with the provisions of this Privacy Statement.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, it is however possible that ARAANI discloses your personal data:
- To the competent authorities (i) if ARAANI is obliged to do so under the law or under legal or future legal proceedings and (ii) to safeguard and defend our rights
- If ARAANI, or the majority of its assets, are taken over by a third party, in which case your personal data
– which ARAANI has collected – shall be one of the transferred assets
In all other cases, ARAANI will not sell, hire out or pass on your personal data to third parties, except when it (i) has obtained your permission to this end and (ii) has completed a data processing agreement with the third party in question, which contains the necessary guarantees regarding confidentiality and privacy compliance of your personal data.
Cross-border processing of personal data
Any transfer of personal data outside EEA to a recipient whose domicile or registered office is in a country which does not fall under the adequacy decision enacted by the European Commission, shall be subject of one or more of the listed EU-approved safeguards:
- Closing a data transfer agreement with such recipient, which shall contain the standard contractual clauses, as referred to in the 'European Commission decision of 5 February 2010 (Decision 2010/87/EC)'; and/or
- Binding corporate rules; and/ or
- Certification mechanisms (such as but not limited to the EU-US Privacy Shield).
Storage of personal data
Unless a longer storage period is required or justified (i) by law or (ii) through compliance with another legal obligation, ARAANI shall only store your personal data for the period necessary to achieve and fulfil the purpose in question, as specified in the Privacy Statement under 'Use of personal data'.
Your privacy rights
In light of the processing of your personal data, you enjoy the following privacy rights:
- Right of access to your personal data
- Right to rectification, completion or update of your personal data
- Right to delete your personal data ('right to be forgotten')
- Right to limit the processing of your personal data
- Right to transferability of your personal data
- Right to object to/oppose the processing of your personal data
If you wish to invoke your privacy rights please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the form for exercising your privacy rights (399.1 KB) and deliver it to ARAANI by email or post.
In principle, you can exercise these rights free of charge via the above-mentioned form.
Security of personal data
ARAANI undertakes to take reasonable, physical, technological and organisational precautions in order to avoid (i) unauthorised access to your personal information, and (ii) loss, abuse or alteration of your personal data.
ARAANI shall store all personal data, which it has collected onsite and in the cloud with data centre(s) in the EU.
Notwithstanding ARAANI’ security policy, the checks it carries out and the actions it proposes in this context, an infallible level of security cannot be guaranteed. Since no method of transmission or forwarding over the internet, or any method of electronic storage is 100% secure, ARAANI is, in this context, not in a position to guarantee absolute security.
Update Privacy Statement
ARAANI is entitled to update this Privacy Statement by posting a new version on the Website whereby ARAANI will indicate the revision date at the top of the first page of this Privacy Statement. As such, it is strongly recommended to regularly consult the Website and the page displaying the Privacy Statement, to make sure that you are aware of any changes.
The Website may potentially contain hyperlinks to other websites. When you click on one of these links, you may be redirected to another website or internet source that could collect information about you through cookies or other technologies. ARAANI does not bear any responsibility, liability or control authority over these other websites or internet resources, nor about their collection, use and disclosure of your personal data. You must check the privacy statements of these other websites and internet sources in order to be able to judge whether they act in accordance with the Privacy Legislation.
If you have questions and/or remarks about this Privacy Statement or the manner in which ARAANI collects, uses and/or processes your personal data, please contact us:
- Via e-mail:email@example.com
- Via mail: ARAANI NV, Luipaardstraat 12, 8500 Kortrijk (Belgium)
In case you are not satisfied with the way ARAANI handled your questions and/or remarks or have any complaints about the way ARAANI collects, uses and/or processes your personal data, note that you have the right to lodge